Every year the Auxiliary funds the purchase of comfort items for various hospital departments. These comfort items are often items which the departments cannot get through the normal Island Health budget process in a timely fashion. In 2015 our Auxiliary provided funds for the following:
- Flat screen TVs for various departments including pediatrics;
- Coffee pots and jugs for palliative care;
- Chairs for waiting rooms;
- Small refrigerators for perinatal and pediatrics
- Cushions for wheelchairs;
- Hip protectors;
- CD and DVD players;
- A sofa for the ICU;
- Broda chairs;
- Picnic tables and chairs for use in outdoor patient areas.
- Refurbishment of the NRGH Sacred Place, formerly known as the chapel.
- Plus a variety of smaller items.
In total the amount was nearly $70,000. We also funded the rebuilding of the outdoor patio area at Dufferin Place as a special project at a cost of nearly $30,000.
Our largest donation was a quarter of a million dollars to the Hospital Foundation specifically to be used for the completion of the new operating theaters at NRGH, a major capital project.
In total our Auxiliary donated approximately $350,000 to the Hospital last year.